Given the current and projected COVID-19 rates throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania at this time, WPSBC will continue remote instruction through the month of December, with a plan to reopen campus on January 4, 2021. As we continue our efforts to maintain a safe and healthy school environment, please see below the latest mitigation efforts from Governor Wolf and the PA Secretary of Health, Dr. Levine.
Based on these recommendations, we encourage you all to continue to adhere to the following health and safety measures, especially as we enter the holiday season to ensure a safe return in January:
- Stay at home unless absolutely necessary, particularly if you are experiencing any symptoms or you have been in close contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms or has tested positive.
- Abstain from all travel, especially across state lines.
- Limit socialization to only those in your household.
- Adhere to mask wearing and social distancing at all times, indoors and outdoors, specifically when not around members of your household.
- Wash hands or hand sanitize frequently for at least 20 seconds.
Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones. We thank you for your patience and understanding and wish you a happy, healthy Thanksgiving.
Dr. Heidi Ondek
Executive Director and Superintendent
Wolf Administration new recommendations: https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/as-covid-19-cases-reach-critical-levels-wolf-admin-announces-new-mitigation-efforts/